Pretrial Motion Rejected, dr Richard Lee Banned from Traveling to Polda Metro Jayafor 20 Days

dr. Richard Lee.
progresifjaya.co.id, JAKARTA – A suspect dr. Richard Lee, in a consumer protection case and also a doctor and beauty clinic owner, has been banned from traveling abroad by the Polda Metro Jaya for the next 20 days. The ban was imposed after the South Jakarta District Court rejected his pretrial motion to name him a suspect in the alleged consumer protection case.
Regarding this ban, the Head of Public Relations of the Polda Metro Jaya, Kombes Pol Bhudi Hermanto, stated, that the preventive and deterrent measures, or ban, have been in place from February 10, 2026, to March 1, 2026.
This ban can be extended for investigation purposes. However, the next phase of the ban will last for another six months.
“If investigators deem it necessary, a six-month ban will be resubmitted,” said Kombes Pol Bhudi on Wednesday, February 11, 2026.
However, he didn’t elaborate on the reasons for dr. Richard Lee’s ban. He only stated that the ban falls under the authority of the investigators handling this case.
“This means that if a ban has been imposed, it is a mechanism within the investigation process,” he said.
“We respect the mechanism implemented by our fellow investigators. The provisions are also stipulated in the law, with the affirmation that the person concerned must not carry out any activities or travel abroad,” he added.
Pretrial Motion Rejected
For the record, the South Jakarta District Court (PN Jaksel) panel of judges previously rejected dr. Richard Lee’s pretrial motion regarding his designation as a suspect in a case of alleged consumer protection violations related to beauty products and treatments.
“The ruling: one, rejecting the Petitioner’s pretrial motion. Two, imposing zero court costs on the state,” explained Chief Judge Esthar Oktavi during the pretrial hearing at the South Jakarta District Court on Wednesday, February 11, 2026.
Based on this ruling, the consumer protection violation case against Richard Lee will proceed. This follows a report of alleged violations of consumer protection for beauty treatment products registered under LP/B/7317/XII/2024/SPKT Polda Metro Jaya on December 2, 2024.
The report was filed by Detective Doctor (Doktif) Dr. Samira Farahnaz, who highlighted Richard Lee’s beauty products. She also discovered that the products, specifically the white tomato, made by Richard Lee, were still circulating on the market.
In this case, Richard Lee faces up to ten years in prison under the multiple articles charged against him. Starting from Article 435 in conjunction with Article 138 paragraph (2) of the Health Law and Article 62 paragraph (1) in conjunction with Article 8 paragraph (1) and Article 9 paragraph (1) of the Consumer Protection Law. (Bembo)



